As promised last week, I wanted to share with you my quick go-to recipe for an all-purpose disinfectant spray. I use this spray on everything: my yoga mats; bathroom mirrors; wiping sticky hand prints and dust from surfaces; door handles; kitchen counters, and so on. I will confess sheepishly that the pleasant, clean scent of the spray alone makes me want to pick it up and clean everything around me. All you need is a few minutes and a few basic, clean ingredients to create this magical product.
DHARMA WANDERLUST YOGA MAT CLEANER AND ALL-PURPOSE DISINFECTANT SPRAY
- Small spray bottle
- Distilled water
- Pure white vinegar
- A few drops of essential oil (I recommend tea tree oil for its disinfecting properties, but I also enjoy calming lavender; eucalyptus or fir needle have a clean, fresh scent)
- Fill about 2/3 of the bottle with water.
- Fill the remainder of the bottle with vinegar.
- Add a few drops of essential oil. I like to add about 3 drops of tea tree oil and then one or two drops of lavender and/or other oils. I don’t recommend mixing more than two oils at a time.
- Screw on the lid, shake well, spray your mat or any other surface in your home, and enjoy a chemical-free cleaning experience!
Do you have a favourite DIY cleaning recipe? Please share it in the comments below.
Do you know someone who would enjoy this blog post and the recipe? Please share it with them via social media or email.